Your Hero is your playable character in Gems of War and one of your strongest "Troops". You can level your Hero, gain and upgrade special Hero Classes, equip a Weapon and Armor as well as customise your look.
You can see just about everything you need to know about your Hero in the Hero menu, found on the World Map:
- Your Hero's name
- Your Guild
- Your Hero's level and progress towards the next level in the purple bar
- Hero Class and Class Champion Level underneath your Hero's image
For even more information and options select your Hero's picture to open the Hero menu.
In the Hero menu, the Skills tab shows you all your Hero Skills and a break down of where all your Skill points are coming from.
The Masteries tab shows you your current Gem Mastery scores and a break down on where the Mastery points are coming from. The higher your Gem Mastery of a certain color, the more likely you are to receive a Mana Surge for matching Gems of that color.
Earn Skill points and Masteries by levelling
Your Hero will gain Skills Points (such as Armor or Life) and Gem Mastery by levelling up. The maximum level you can achieve is 10,000. Therefore, as you hit level 50 and continue to level-up your Skill point gains will be less frequent. Every level up to 1,501 will earn Gem Mastery.
Earn more Skill points by unlocking and levelling Hero Classes which can be used to customise your Hero to your favorite play style. Hero Classes give Skill points based on the Class. For example, a Knight will give a lot of Armor but a Warlord might get less.
Armor Bonus & Style
On the Armor Bonus screen you can purchase and select which Armor you'd like to receive bonuses from. For more information about Armor see this article here.
On the Style screen you can customise your Hero's looks and change your name.
Here you can select and customise your Hero Class
How do I level my Hero Class?
There are 4 main ways the Hero Class can be levelled, upgraded or improved:
- Level your Hero to 20 or more with Souls for basic Skill point gains. Reaching Level 10 also gives your Hero a Home Kingdom.
- Give your Hero up to 3 unique abilities called Traits using Traitstones
- Perform 250 battles with a Class equipped to unlock Class Weapons
- Equip or select a Class and use your Hero in battle to increase your Champion level. The more experienced your Hero is with a certain Class, the more special Talents you can unlock and equip!
Note: You don't have to have your Hero in your team to level up, use your Armor Bonuses or work towards earning your Class Weapon. However, you do need to have your Hero in your team to earn Champion XP.
Here you can find a list of all the Resources and other items you can use in the game (not including Troops, Weapons, Pets and Armor). You can expand and collapse item types by selecting the headings.
On this screen you can view a breakdown of your active Hero Bonuses. For more information about the bonuses, see this article.