Use the Troops menu to view your entire collection of Troops, Pets, etc. You can make upgrades to these cards and edit Teams in Gems of War. Use the Filters menu to find what you're searching for.
To open the Troops menu select the Troops button on the World Map. The Troops menu can be accessed from the bottom of the World Map or by selecting "Edit Team" on any pre-battle screen. Troops can be sorted, filtered, or searched for specifically. There are other Tabs for Weapons, Banners, Hero Classes, Bonuses, and Pets. This article will cover Troops, Weapons, and using the Filters menu. See this article for how to equip a Hero Class. See this article for information about Pets.
- Using the Filters option
- The search bar
- Team slots
Using the Filters setting
Select the Filters (or funnel) icon. This is displayed on the far right of the screen in the middle when Troops is opened. Use these to build Teams, find Troops, Weapons, Pets and Banners of a specific type, or even search for cards from specific Kingdoms.
To make an adjustment - for example, show only Troops of a certain type - Select the filter to expand the menu and make your choices. When you are done, the changes will apply when you select Apply Filter and the menu collapses.
If you would like to save the preferences you have used to find Troops or Weapons, select the Filter preferences you wish to use and select Save Filter. Your settings will now remain until you next change them and re-save the Filter.
NOTE: To clear saved Filters and all Filtering preferences select Clear Filter and then Apply Filter.
- Mana Color
- You can filter for a certain Color or exclude a chosen Color from your search. Just select the Color once to include the Color and select it a second time to exclude the Color from the search.
- When filtering by Mana Color you can choose between:
- Any Color: The Troops shown will use the color(s) selected and any other Mana Color
- All Colors: The Troops shown will only use the Mana Color(s) you have selected
- Kingdom - The Kingdom the Troop or Weapon belongs to
- Troop Type - Species/Class or class, such as Merfolk, Knight, Dragon, Elemental
- Weapon Type - The type of Weapon categories, such as Dagger or Sword
- Pet Type - Search by the type of bonus the Pet provides, such as Gold Bonus, Kingdom Team Bonus, Cosmetic
- Spell Effect - The main action that the Spell performs.
- Name - A-Z or Z-A
- Level - highest to lowest
- Upgradable - Troops which can be Ascended or Traited (or both) are shown first
- Weapons that have Affixes available are shown first
- Amount (number of Card copies) - highest to lowest
- Rarity - Current Rarity including the Ascensions you've done
- Base Rarity (Troops): Rarity of the Troop before Ascensions
- Skills/stats - Troops ordered by highest to lowest in a Stat such as Attack, Life or Defense (armor) or Magic
- Weapons are ordered highest to lowest based on the level of Attack, Life, Defense or Magic that the Spell provides (as opposed to the Hero's Stats).
- Show Owned - Only show Troops in your collection
- Show Unowned - Only Show Troops you don't yet own
- Show All - Show all Troops regardless of whether they are in your collection or not
- Suggest Banners - When using the Filter on the Banner tab, select this option and the game will suggest banners it thinks will go well with your selected Team.
The Search Bar
The Search Bar finds results from the text in Troop or Weapon names, Spell names, and descriptions, and Traits and their descriptions. The sorting order, all filters, and the search bar can all be used at the same time - for instance, one can filter to only Yellow Mech Troops from Adana and sort by name.
EXAMPLE: Searching for 'baby' gets both 'Baby Dragon' and 'Dragon Eggs', the latter of which summons Baby Dragons and is therefore picked up by the Search Bar.
Team Slots are listed under "Your Teams" each of which hold up to 4 Troops in the form of a Team. These slots are accessible in the Troops menu or, once created, will appear in the pre-battle screen. Team Slots store Troops in the Team, the banner attached to that Team, and the Team's name. To expand/collapse a Team just select the Team Slot.
The game begins with one Team slot and every 10 levels unlocks a new Team Slot - up to the maximum of 26. At level 260 you can no longer unlock Team Slots from leveling up. Each VIP Level that is increased will earn an additional Team Slot up to the maximum of 20 (there are 20 VIP Levels).
TIP: After reaching level 260 and VIP 20, the maximum total Team slots is 46.