If you are experiencing a crash, performance or another device issue you might want to try this guide. There are some basic things you can try to get your game back on track.
For connection issues, please see this article here.
1. Preventing game lag
You can change your graphic settings down to a lower setting to see if the lag is caused by an issue with your device or the game. To do so, go Settings (cog icon in the bottom left hand corner), Graphics, then adjust them to Medium or Low. You can also change also turn your animation speed down.
2. Force close the game
Especially if you're on a mobile device, try force closing or closing and reopening the game. This seems basic but it's sometimes all you need to do. For more information on force closing applications:
- On Android: Open Settings > Apps & Notifications > Gems of War > select Force Stop.
If you don't see Gems of War straight away tap See all apps or App info.
3. Close other apps
After the game has been closed, try playing for awhile without other applications open to see if this reduces the severity of the issue.
4. Turn your device off and on
Sometimes all your device needs is a fresh start. This is especially true if you are on a mobile device which is typically less powerful and can easily have a RAM build up.
5. Refresh RAM and clear cache
On an iPhone you can reset your RAM by holding down the power button until the 'Slide to power off' button appears, then hold down the home button for five seconds. The phone should return to the home screen, refreshing the RAM if done correctly. You can also clear cookies and cache from your browser.
Depending on your Android device, you can open Settings > Storage > Internal Storage > Cached Data. Tap this and confirm to clear the cache. You can also try opening Settings > Apps > Gems of War, selecting the app and the tapping 'Force Stop'. Some Android devices also offer a 'Smart cleaning' option which you can use to remove temporary files and caches.
NOTE: Make sure your account is linked before refreshing the RAM or clearing the cache.
6. Reinstall the game
Ensure your account is linked and you've noted down password before reinstalling.
Reinstall the game on iOS
- Return to the home screen of your device
- Hold down the Gems of War app icon for a couple of seconds until the application begins to wiggle
- Select the X in the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Select Delete
- Launch the App Store and locate Gems of War here
- Select the Download icon.
- Wait for the app to download and install.
Reinstall the game on Android
Instructions are different depending on your Android device.
- From the home screen, open the Settings application
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap the app you want to uninstall. If you don't see it, first tap See all apps or App info.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Open the Google Play store, select tap the menu Menu My apps & games Library.
- Select Gems of War and tap Install.
- Tap Install or Enable.
NOTE: Android does not always completely uninstall applications for up to 24 hours. If the app says 'Disabled' in the list of apps, ensure you select it then tap Uninstall.
7. Clear storage space on your device
Applications will become sluggish or lag if you have less than 2 GB of free space on your device. Some devices come with 'Smart cleaning', otherwise, you may need to manually uninstall applications, music, and photos that you do not want. Ensure you have backed up media you want to keep.