Try these steps if you encounter connection issues with the server or game.
These can be used as prevention for slow internet or connection problems as well as to fix a problem.
1. Check the game server status
Check our game server status here to see if the game server is experiencing any problems.
If the status is yellow or red, the developers are aware of the issue and will fix it as soon as possible.
If the status is green then the issue may be on your internet connection, or somewhere in the connection between you and the game server. Please follow the next steps as they will help solve the issue and pinpoint the cause of the problem.
2. Connect to WiFi or Ethernet
Our game requires an Internet connection to run. If you are using 3G or 4G, try switching to WiFi. On consoles or computers, try plugging an Ethernet connection chord into the console instead of using Wireless internet.
2. Turn your router off and on
Switch off the modem box and then using the switch on the wall (rather than just the internet modem box itself).
3. Connection issues (Android)
Android has a very thorough article that may assist you with connection issues. Find it here.
4. Disable data managers (Android)
Some data management applications on your mobile devices (For example, Opera Max) purposefully restrict the amount of data flow to your game. This can cause issues with Gems of War, even preventing the app from being opened. Most of these apps have an option to temporarily stop the data management or 'white-list' Gems of War. If not, you may want to consider uninstalling the app to continue playing the game smoothly.
5. Enable background app refresh (iOS, Amazon, and Android)
Usually this will help to save battery; however, Gems of War requires a constant internet connection and this can cause connection issues if it is off.
- Open Settings > General
- Select Background App Refresh
- Check Background App Refresh is enabled for all Apps as well as Gems of War (toggle to green)
Most of the time this setting is located inside the "Cellular Data/data" or 'Mobile data usage" section of settings, depending on the operating system version.
On Android 7 or higher (Nougat, Oreo, Pie, etc): From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open “Settings“, select “Data usage“ > “Cellular data usage“ > Gems of War > Toggle “Background data” to “On”.
Disable data saver (Android)
If you notice frequent connection issues with Gems of War try temporarily disabling any data saving modes in your settings and restart the game.
- On Android 8 and 9: Settings > Network & Internet > Data usage > Data saver. Tap the slider beside Off. When Data saver is on, appears in the status bar.
- On Android 7: Settings > Data usage > Data saver. Tap the slider beside Off.
NOTE: If you don't want to disable data saving altogether you can toggle "Unrestricted data usage" to On for Gems of War inside Cellular Data usage in settings.
6. Send support some information
Try the following:
- Click this link to open your browser (this will NOT work on Firefox, please use a different browser)
- A window should open displaying something; screenshot or copy/paste what you see
- Submit a ticket to support with the information included or respond to Support if you have a ticket open.
The information that you need to send us should display something similar to the following:
Gems of War
Deployed at: 30/01/2017 6:59:16 PM