Try these steps if you encounter connection issues with the server or game.
These can be used as prevention for slow internet or connection problems as well as to fix a problem.
1. Connect to WiFi or Ethernet
Our game requires an Internet connection to run. If you are using 3G or 4G, try switching to WiFi. On consoles or computers, try plugging an Ethernet connection chord into the console instead of using Wireless internet.
2. Turn your router off and on
Switch off the modem box and then using the switch on the wall (rather than just the internet modem box itself).
3. Connection issues (Android)
Android has a very thorough article that may assist you with connection issues. Find it here.
4. Disable data managers (Android)
Some data management applications on your mobile devices (For example, Opera Max) purposefully restrict the amount of data flow to your game. This can cause issues with Gems of War, even preventing the app from being opened. Most of these apps have an option to temporarily stop the data management or 'white-list' Gems of War. If not, you may want to consider uninstalling the app to continue playing the game smoothly.
5. Enable background app refresh (iOS, Amazon and Android)
Usually this will help to save battery; however, if the app is not continuing your progress, ensure "Background app refresh" is enabled.
6. Send support some information
Try the following:
- Click this link to open your browser
- A window should open displaying something; screenshot or copy/paste what you see
- Submit a ticket to support with the information included or respond to Support if you have a ticket open.
The information that you need to send us should display something similar to the following:
Gems of War
Deployed at: 30/01/2017 6:59:16 PM