Find and defeat Pet Gnomes in PVP to unlock a Pet Rescue event where you can save a pet in peril! The pets you rescue will give you special boosts and can sit on your Hero's shoulder.
What are Pet Gnomes?
Pet Gnomes are troops which enter your Ranked and Casual PVP battles on the opponent's side randomly, if you defeat one and win the battle, you will receive pet food as a reward and a pet rescue event will start for your entire guild!
Pet Rescue Events
Pet Rescue Events can be started by:
- Randomly finding and defeating a Pet Gnome in Battle
- Luring a Pet Gnome into Battle using Pet Bait purchased in the Guild Shop screen and defeating it in Battle.
- or during the weekly scheduled Pet Rescue Event.
There are 2 types of Pet Rescue Events:
- Pet Rescues triggered by defeating a Pet gnome last for 1 hour
- Scheduled Pet Rescues are run by the development team and last 24 hours.
Pet Rescues are available for your entire guild regardless of who found and defeated the Pet gnome. However, the event and rewards are played and given individually - in other words, you must complete the Pet Rescue for yourself!
You can find Pet Rescues in the Games menu on the World Map.
NOTE: If a Guild member rescues a Pet and the Event does not start, try opening the Shop, doing a quick Explore battle or closing and reopening the game.
Defeat the Pet's captors in 8 stages of battle to win a guaranteed pet reward!
Each battle won will unlock a reward, which you can collect from the Rewards Tab. Each stage will give you Gold and a basket. Baskets contain random rewards such as Pets, Pet Food, Gold or Jewels for use in the Soulforge.
I've rescued the pet, what now?
You can find your rescued pets by going to the World Map > Troops > Pets tab.
Here you can equip your pet to your Hero. By feeding your pets you can level them up and raise their level cap, which increases the bonus you receive from them. Pets give different bonuses.
Pet types and bonuses
- Loot Pets: Give you bonus XP
- For example, Lucky
- Buff pets: Give you bonus stats to teams using the Pet's troop type
- For example, Wyrmling gives a team bonus to all Dragon Troops used
- Cosmetic Pets: No bonus. These Pets are specific to special Events run by the Gems of War team.
Upgrading your Pet
Every time you level up your pet it adds 1 point to your Pet Mastery.
- Every 5 levels gives you Gems
- Every 25 Levels gives you a Chaos Orb
- Every 100 levels gives you a Greater Chaos Orb
Increase Level Cap
Increase the maximum Level Cap of your Pet so you can increase its level. You will need the Cost of cards required plus one more to increase the maximum level. The extra copy of the Pet is so that it can be in use while the other copies are sacrificed for the upgrade.
Level up your Pet
Feed your Pet any Pet food to increase their Level. Food with a star and a similar color will provide more XP for your Pets. Loot and Buff Pets will provide a Team or XP bonus at certain levels. This bonus occurs for each Loot and Buff Pet at levels 5, 10, 15 and 20.
- Pets give you their Bonus even if they aren't equipped. Equipping a Pet to your Hero is purely for cosmetic reasons
- If you feed your Pet the Food it likes, it will gain more experience than if you feed it other food. The food your Pet likes will have a Star on it
- Scheduled Pet Rescues usually begin mid-week.
- Cosmetic Pets can still be leveled to increase your overall Pet Mastery
- Look out for other players who might start battles with a Pet Gnome on their team in PVP: Those are fakes!