Hero Classes enable your Hero to have additional perks called Talents and to power-up your Hero with Gem Masteries and Skill Bonuses for their particular Class Type.
Hero Classes provide the following benefits for your Hero (some have to be unlocked through game-play):
- Skill Points (stats)
- Champion levels
- Talent Trees
- Bonuses (Gem Masteries, Kingdom Bonus, Troop/Kingdom Type Bonus)
- Class Weapon
To unlock a Class, complete all the Quests in the Kingdom the Class belongs, or wait for a Class Event to begin.
Change or equip a Hero Class
You can change or equip a Class in the Class tab of the Troops menu - make you select a team! For more information on selecting, equipping or changing a class go here: Equip a class.
Upgrade and level your Hero
There are 4 main ways the Hero Class can be leveled, upgraded or improved:
- Level your Hero to 20 or more with Souls for basic Skill point gains. Reaching Level 10 also gives your Hero a Home Kingdom.
- Give your Hero up to 3 unique abilities called Traits using Traitstones
- Win 250 battles with a Class equipped to unlock Class Weapons
- The Team must have a Class selected to earn Class Wins. You do not need to have the Hero on your Team.
- Equip a Class to a Team and use your Hero in battle to increase your Champion Level by earning Class Experience (XP). The more experienced your Hero is with a certain Class, the more special Talents you can unlock and equip!
- The Class must be equipped to a Team and a Weapon must be selected/the Hero recruited to earn Class XP
- Class XP can be earned in any game mode except Training Battles and Arena.
Hero Classes can be leveled up with Souls just like other troops, up to level 20. This provides Attack, Armor, Magic, and Life on top of the Stats your Hero already has (the amounts vary between Classes).
It is important to note that the Magic bonus gained from a Hero Class only applies when using Weapons of the specified color - for instance, Warlords only gain a Magic bonus when using red Weapons and Knights only gain a Magic bonus when using blue Weapons.
Each Hero Class comes with its own set of Traits. Unlocking them costs the same as it would for a Legendary Troop.
Once you have unlocked and equipped a Class you can increase your Hero's Champion level for that Class by fighting battles with your Hero. As your Champion level increases, you will unlock progress on the Talent Tree.
You will gain Champion XP for the Class you have equipped in the Team you're using if your Hero is in the Team.
Here we can see our Champion level (5) and the Experience Points needed to reach the next level (5/6).
Each Class has 3 Talent Trees. As you increase your Champion level, you will be able to unlock new Talents at levels 1, 5, 10, 20, 40, 70 and 100. You can activate 1 Talent per level Tier from any Talent Tree and change any chosen Talent whenever you want.
For example, as a Knight, you could have the level 1 Guardian Talent, the level 5 Morale Talent and the level 10 Light Talent all equipped at once.
If you change a Class Talent Tree, it will be changed on all Teams that are using this Class.
Each level (out of 20) grants +1 Gem Mastery. If the class is level 10 or higher, the Hero is given a Kingdom (like normal Troops), the same Kingdom where the Class was unlocked. Your Hero will take on the Troop Type of the equipped Class so if you're using the Knight Class, your Hero will be counted as a Knight for team bonuses, if you're using the Titan Class, your Hero will be counted as a Giant.
For more information on Team Bonuses click here.
Each Hero Class has a special Weapon that can be unlocked by winning 250 battles with each Class. It can then be used by the Hero forever, regardless of which Class is selected.
You don't have to have the Hero in your team in order to work towards the 250 wins, however, the Class must be equipped.