Complete Delves to earn Renown. At certain levels of Renown you will receive rare Rewards and powerful bonuses.
You can see your Renown beneath each Faction on the Underworld Map, and a break down of how your Renown was earned, your current Renown rewards and upcoming Rewards by selecting a Faction and going to the Faction info screen.
Complete certain amounts of Delves in the Underworld to earn Renown. Renown isn't a spendable resource you are awarded for every battle, it's a way to show how good you are at Delving in a Faction. You can only earn higher Renown by beating your personal best in Delves.
On the left of the Faction Info screen, you can see a breakdown of how you earned your Renown and the maximum possible Renown for each category.
In the example in the image above for Best Delve defeated:
We have defeated Delve level 40 earning us + 80 pts of Renown out of a possible 1,000 pts for this category.
You can earn up to 1,000 Renown for:
- Best Delve defeated
- This is the highest level Delve that you've defeated (2 Renown per Delve level)
Up to 500 Renown for each of the following:
- Best Delve with no casualties
- The highest level Delve completed where you've finished the Delve with the same team you started with (1 Renown per Delve level): therefore, no Troops have died
- Best Delve using the Faction's team
- The highest level Delve completed with an entire team of troops from the Faction you're delving into (1 Renown per Delve level)
- Treasure Hoard level
- Increasing your Treasure Hoard level in the Faction you're delving into (5 Renown per Hoard level)
On the right of the screen you can see your Total Renown from all Factions, the permanent Bonuses you've earned from your Total Renown and how much Renown you need to earn in total for upcoming Rewards.
Faction Renown Rewards
By selecting "View Rewards" you can see the Rewards you can receive from earning Renown in the selected Faction. These Rewards can only be earned once by meeting certain milestones in the amount of Renown you have: For example, when you reach 200 Renown for Hall of Guardians you will earn 2 Legendary Ingots once.
These Rewards are specific to the Faction you are in, such as how the Pet "Tiny Dancer" is only earned from the Hall of Guardians and cannot be earned from Pet Events. Faction Renown Rewards are sent to your game mail.
Total Renown Rewards
Rewards you earn from your Total Renown - the sum of all Renown gained in all Factions - are permanent. The Rewards include permanent Skill Bonuses for your Troops (applied globally to all game modes), increased Gold Income per day and Daily Ingots.
For example, if you reach a total of 1,000 Renown, you will receive a random Ingot every day when you see the Daily login screen, which will be sent to your game mail. This is different to Faction Renown where Rewards are earned only once at each milestone.
For a full list of these rewards see: Total Renown Rewards: Daily rewards and Skill Bonuses
- If a Troop dies, but you summon the same troop back into your team and it's in your team when you defeat the Boss Room, no casualties will be counted.
- If one of your troops is transformed, it will count as a casualty unless you let the troop die and are then able to summon the original troop back into your team before completing the Boss Room.