Gems of War support has had a makeover and an update, and we want your help.
The Gems of War Support team has had the same help center for 4 years, so it was time for an update. In conjunction with the code team, we've redesigned the Help Center. We've also updated and created up to 200 new articles, making this the primary source of official game information and guides for Gems of War.
- In-game support -"?" question marks in some menus of the game will pop-out Help center articles in a Brower on console and PC, or inside your game on mobile
- Mobile support - The help center is not properly supported for mobile and tablet devices
- Style and theme changes: The design now aligns with the Gems of War brand
- Old articles updated and new ones are created
- Known issues and bugs gets updated as a priority when new issues occur
- Answer Bot ticket responder - in the future, our friendly robot companion will be joining you to suggest helpful articles when you submit a ticket
- New article elements:
- Follow, Related Articles, and Contents elements added to article pages
- Author, date article posted and sharing icons
- Promoted Articles moved from the homepage to main Categories on left-hand side
- Search is now instant
- Primary focus on linking back to the Community forums for help from other players
- Quick-help buttons for specific issues on the homepage
- A static header which moves with you as you scroll
- New "Common problems" section for issues that aren't specifically game bugs.
Quick help on issues
Here's how you can use the help center to get solutions or information quickly without having to wait for a support agent.
- Follow sections and articles for updates via email - Select follow in the top right-hand corner of an article, category (e.g. Game guides) or section (e.g Known Issues) to be provided with updates when new comments or articles are posted. The Support team will update the help center with new information when it is available, for example, when an issue is fixed.
- Promoted articles - Check in when viewing a category for important issues and useful articles that might affect you.
- Was this article helpful? If you select "No", please submit a feedback request or let a Support developer to let them know why.
- Technical support - Go here for common issues, device and hardware problems or quick help on bugs that the game team is aware of in the Known issues section.
Help us improve
Going forward, the Help Center is will be the primary source of information for bugs and problems. Do you think we are missing an article, or were you unable to find your answer in the knowledgebase? Suggest feedback here.
If Answer Bot suggests an article that is relevant but doesn't answer your question or problem, rather than marking "Not helpful" let us know - we will update the article.
The next short-term change is a "Contents" list at the top of each article, allowing you to skip to certain parts of the article content.
You can also expect to see more changes in the way of new articles, restructuring the way the articles are located - and where, making existing articles more concise, creating more advanced articles for end-game players and expanding the "Getting started" section for new player articles. We may also consider revising the interface of the Categories (e.g. Game Guides). If you have any suggestions, let us know.