If you have multiple available, changing graphics cards may help with graphics issues in Gems of War.
These instructions may vary depending on your version of Windows. Your computer will have a graphics card made by a manufacturer. The manufacturer will have preferences available for that card, such as NVIDIA Settings or Radeon Control Centre.
1. Select the arrow from the Taskbar in the bottom right-corner of Windows
2. Select the NVIDIA Settings from the list of options:
3. NVIDIA settings is opened, select “Manage 3D settings” from the left-hand menu.
4. In the “Select a program to customize” drop-down, select Gems of War. If Gems of War is not there, you will need to “Add” it. You will need to browse to your SteamLibrary folder and select GemsOfWar.exe. The path is usually “SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Gems of War\GemsOfWar.exe”
5. Under the “Select the preferred graphics processor for this program” select “High-performance NVIDIA processor” is selected. This should ensure that Gems of War will now attempt to use the most powerful graphics card available.
If you are using a Radeon graphics card you can find some detailed instructions on Step 9 here.