A list of game bugs and glitches in Gems of War which the game team is aware of.
New issues are added to the bottom of this list going forward. Issues with a high impact will also have articles linked to them which can be selected for more information or found in the known issues section of the help center for more information.
NOTE: All platforms are currently in update version 4.9.5 except for Nintendo Switch which is on game version 4.8
- Earning Mythics in the Guild Event Shop or from the Soulforge does not send a "(You) just earned a Mythic Troop" notification in global chat
- If multiple skull matches are made by a spell, and the opponent Troop has a Trait which summons a troop when damage is taken, if the Troop is summoned infront of the Troop targetted by the skull damage, some of the skull matches won't do damage.
- If Mech Gnome is the last Troop on the Opponent's Team and he runs away, the battle doesn't end until one more Gem match is made
- Game sometimes soft crashes after exiting explore mode
- Content call outs show up late in game ie. the in game pop ups for new Mythic Troops etc.
- Troop summoned to wrong side of the board
- Casting Vash'Dagon's spell when Arachnaean Weaver is also in the battle soft locks the game for some players
- Guild Statue skill bonuses remain grey when active sometimes, instead of red, once all 12 Guild Tasks of the statue colour have been completed
- Troop cards don't align correctly in their slots sometimes and overlap each other/the game board.
- Sometimes there are no ads to display
- Brown images appearing on some screens on some devices
- World Events that take place in the Underworld have a black map if you haven't unlocked the Underworld yet.
- Fixed in the next game update version 5.0
- The Troop filter in the main Troop menu gets locked to the World Event restrictions
- Sorry for the inconvenience, please force close and re-open the game to reset the filter.
- The Guild Wars button says "Register Now!" even if your Guild is already registered.
TIP: If you are signed into the help-center, select "Follow" to be notified of updates to this post via email.
PC and Mobile
- Some PC/mobile players are unable to select a target for their spell if they select the cast button too quickly after it becomes available.
PS4 and Xbox
- PS4: Screen turns yellow behind menus.
- Under investigation, in the meantime go to the game settings and turn Blur Quality off to solve this issue
When will the issue be fixed?
- "Fixed in update 5.0" - Issues like this can only be fixed with changes to the code. This means that the issue will be resolved in the next client update version of the game, version 5.0. We are currently in the game update version 4.9.5 You can check the updated version in the Settings menu of the game near the "X" exit button.
- "Fixed" - These issues can be fixed with data changes or pushes to the server, happen quickly and do not require an update. These bugs or issues should no longer affect you. If they do, please let us know here