Portraits represent your Hero's avatar in chat and can be unlocked through leveling up, Live Event Shops and Rewards and when reaching Level 10 of a Kingdom.
Portraits are icons or images that represent your Hero to other players inside global and Guild chat. Portraits are bordered with a frame, show your Hero Level at the bottom and for high Honor ranks, a flare is visible on top. Portraits are the biggest element on display in global chat, so pick something cool! Portraits won't show in Lite chat.
- How to unlock chat Portraits
- Changing your Portrait
- Frames and level
- Honor Flares
How to unlock chat Portraits
Portraits can be unlocked in a number of ways in Gems of War:
- By leveling up to 100
- Reaching Kingdom Level 10 unlocks the Kingdom Shield as a Portrait
- Complete a Level 100 Delve in a Faction
- Buy the Portraits with Gems in a Guild Event Shop
- All Portraits that were available in Guild Live Event Shops will be available in the guild Chat Collections menu at least 3 months later
- Unlock Portraits through stage rewards in Live Events
Changing your Portrait
To select a Portrait in Gems of War open the Chat icon from the World Map and connect to Global chat. Select Portraits under the Collections tab and pick the Portrait you want: it will display as green if you have selected it.
NOTE: If the Portrait doesn't update immediately when you post a message, try reconnecting to chat or post a new message after another player has.
Frames and level
Frames border each Portrait in global chat. As your Hero progresses through the game the frame color will change. You can't select the Frame you want: it will unlock automatically as you level up. Your Hero's exact Level is also visible at the bottom of the Frame beneath the Portrait image.
Available frames for each player level
- 1-99: Gray Frame
- 100-199: White Frame
- 200-299: Green Frame
- 300-399: Blue Frame
- 400-499: Purple Frame
- 500-599: Orange Frame
- 600-699: Cyan Frame
- 700-799: Red Frame
- 800-899: Metallic Bronze Frame
- 900-999: Metallic Silver Frame
- 1000+: Metallic Gold Frame
High Honor Ranks can earn a special Flare that sits on the top of the Portrait. Each of these Flares has a different color:
- Honorable - Blue
- Exemplary - Purple
- Revered - Gold
If you drop down from an Honor rank you will lose your Flare for that rank. For more information on Honor see Honor overview.
- Developers of Gems of War show a special purple Flare with unicorns at the top of their Portrait
- Portraits found in the Live Event Shop are exclusive and won't be available in the game again after that
- Earn the Real Housewives of Krystara achievement once you collect a total of 100 social items (Emojis, Portraits, and Titles)
- You can't choose your Hero's avatar as a Portrait but your Hero's avatar and profile are still visible if the profile or message is selected from chat
Article is closed for comments.