Here are some solutions for crashes, connection or other technical issues for Gems of War on the Switch.
If Gems of War experiences lag, stuttering or other general issues on your Nintendo Switch here are some steps to try.
Force close and reopen the game
If the connection is slow or the game freezes or locks try restarting the game. Leaving Gems of War open in the background will cause problems.
- When Gems of War is open, select the Home button on the right Joycon controller
- Select Gems of War and press the X button
- Confirm that you would like to Close the game.
NOTE: Putting the Switch to sleep or returning to the Home menu or store will not necessarily close the game and it can remain running open in the background.
Restart the console
- Press and hold the POWER Button for at least three seconds
- In the menu that appears, select "Power Options," then choose Restart
- Open Gems of War and see if the issue is resolved.
NOTE: After ten seconds of inactivity while the Power Menu is being displayed the console will enter Sleep Mode.
Delete save data
To help with general performance or graphics issues you may need to delete save data before reinstalling the game. This doesn't delete your account or account progress as this is all saved on our game servers, not on your Switch. After doing this, the next time you open the game your Hero and all your progress will load again automatically.
- From the HOME Menu, select System Settings
- Scroll down and select Data Management > Manage Save Data/Screenshots > Delete Save Data.
- Enter the Parental Controls PIN if asked
- Select Gems of War
- Select Delete All Save Data for this Software and select your profile, then confirm by selecting Delete save data
- Finally, select Delete Save Data
Archive (Reinstall) Gems of War
Reinstalling the game won't erase your game progress forever. On the Nintendo Switch, your account progress is saved online "in the cloud" and will return when you reinstall the game if you are logged into the Nintendo ID first used to install the game.
- Open the Home menu so all games are displayed
- Select Gems of War and press the + button on the right Joy-Con
- In the Options menu, select Manage Software from the menu on the left
- Select Archive Software
- Once Gems of War has been archived, select it again and select Download
- The download will begin.