Update version 4.5 brings changes to progression through Kingdoms and to Kingdom Challenges. Here is how the changes affect players current players.
In the latest update, the way Kingdom Progress occurs has been changed to address some issues new players experienced as they progressed through the early stages of the game. Kingdom Challenges are also more difficult, but also more rewarding.
Will my Kingdom progress change?
Most changes in this update only affect new players to Gems of War.
- If you have already unlocked all the Kingdoms: you will not have to unlock Kingdoms again
- If you have already unlocked all Kingdoms or completed all quest lines: you will receive Kingdom group rewards based on their completed quest lines via the in-game mail
- If you have already reached Kingdom Levels 2 & 4 will receive the Rare and Ultra-Rare Troop Reward for levels 2 & 4 in your in-game mail.
Gorgotha Unleashed Quest
As part of this update, the Gorgotha Unleashed Event Quest chain will be removed from Khaziel.
- Anyone who has completed it or is in the middle of completing it should not have any issues as their quest progress will be updated to reflect these changes.
- War and Peace has been moved to be one of the rewards for completing the Kingdom Group that Khaziel is in (Group 4: Khaziel, Pan's Vale and Stormheim).
Changes to challenges
Challenges have been changed to be more challenging and therefore have more worthwhile rewards. For current players receiving the update:
- If you have 5-starred all your Challenges in a Kingdom then you will start at Tier 2 for that Kingdom
- If you have not 5-starred all your Challenges you will start at Tier 1 with any 5-starred Challenges marked as complete.
For a full description of changes to this update please see the patch notes here.