The Underspire is a game mode focused on dungeon exploration. Underspire will be tied to the Weekly Kingdom, so you will need to use Troops and Weapons from that Kingdom in battles for that week.
The Underspire is a game mode will replace Explore in the Weekly Kingdom. Each week a portion of the Underspire will be available to explore.
Activate a lantern or a torch to fight through a series of rooms that make up the giant Underspire dungeon. Unlock the doors leading up to the final boss by collecting 6 different Keystones. Find these Keystones by either defeating 6 mini bosses or through the Goblin Merchant. Defeat the final boss to complete the Underspire dungeon and collect your final rewards.
The Goblin Merchant can be found randomly in Merchant rooms, where you can purchase helpful items such as Keystones or Trinkets to aid in your Underspire dungeon journey.
Note: The Weekly Kingdom will not get the Mythstone Bonus while it has Underspire. However, your Explore progress will resume once the week is over.
Underspire Exploration Process
- Room Encounters: Choose a dungeon room to explore and use a lantern or a torch to start the battle room encounter.
- Locked Doors: Find each Keystone to unlock its specific door to continue your progress.
- Mini Boss Rooms: Defeat the mini bosses to collect Keystones and a unique treasure.
- Boss Room: Successfully beating this boss room officially completes the Underspire dungeon and gives you valuable rewards.
- Treasure Guardian Rooms: Defeat the Treasure Guardian and receive a unique treasure.
Underspire at a glance
- Torches & Lanterns: These can be used to play a battle in a room encounter. Lanterns give you more benefits than Torches.
- Rooms Cleared: A count of how many 'room encounters' you've beaten successfully.
- Deep Shrine: Tiered Shrine Purchases for extra rewards and or bonuses.
- Keystone Progress: Shows how many Keystones you have and how many locked doors are left.
- Trinket Inventory: This shows your entire Trinket inventory.
Minimap: Opens a map of the entire Underspire Dungeon. Choose the room which you would like to teleport quickly to and close the map to go there.
Map Progress and Encounters
Each player has a unique Underspire dungeon map that refreshes each week. You will start in a random location and will only be able to see your adjacent rooms. To progress, you choose which room you would like to encounter in order to uncover the Underspire map.
Each encounter is linked to a 'room battle'. These increase in difficulty as you progress. Each battle will require either 1 Torch or 1 Lantern to play.
If you lose the room battle, you can retry again. However, you'll just lose your torch/lantern.
There are 6 different Keystones to collect. Each Keystone unlocks a specific color-coded locked door. You can check your Keystone progress above your main map on the top right-hand side.
They can be found by defeating mini-bosses or purchased from the Goblin Merchant.
Keystones in Order of Collection (1 - 6)
To explore the rooms in Underspire, you can choose a room to encounter. These are highlighted by a light-blue ring.
To quickly teleport, you may also use the mini-map, opening it to select the room to teleport to before closing it to teleport.
- Arched Gate: The starting room, no battle encountered needed.
- White Skull Icon: A count of how many battles you've beaten successfully.
- Red Card with Gold Coins: Goblin Merchant Room Card
- Black Space: Undiscovered areas of the Underspire
- Gold Card with Dual Crossed Swords: Available room encounter/explorable room.
- Chained Keystone: Locked color-coded Keystone.
Torches are used to complete a singular battle in Underspire.
You get 7 Torches per day which can carry over to the next day.
You can purchase more 3 Torches in the Torches bundle, up to 3 times per day.
Lanterns can also be used to complete a battle in Underspire. They can only be obtained through purchases or collected from the Goblin Merchant for free once per Underspire dungeon.
When used, they double the rewards from a battle. (Gold, Souls, Glory, Traitstones) They will also show 1 extra room distance on victory.
Bosses and Boss Rooms
There are 6 Mini Bosses - one for each Keystone. The first Mini Boss can be reached
without any requirements, but each following Mini Boss will require the previous Mini
Boss' Keystone to access the area of the dungeon where they are located.
Only after defeating all 6 Mini Bosses, can you access the Final Underspire Boss. Defeating this boss will officially complete your Underspire Dungeon and receive more valuable rewards such as Dragonite and Diamonds!
Note: Each Mini Boss also contain extra bonus rewards that a unique to that Mini Boss.
Treasure Guardian Rooms
Treasure Guardians are a new type of battle that has a chance to be encountered at the end of Dead-Ends paths that don't contain a Mini-Boss or Goblin Merchant in the Underspire. Not all Dead-Ends will contain a Treasure Guardian.
There are 6 different Treasure Guardians that can be encountered, each with an equal chance to appear. Treasure Guardian rooms can appear at any rarity (Common, Rare, Ultra-Rare, Epic, Legendary, or Mythic). The higher the rarity, the rarer the room is to appear. The rarity of the Treasure Guardian room will determine the rarity of the Guardian Chest, with rarer rewards being available in the higher rarity rooms.
After defeating a Treasure Guardian, its location on the Underspire Map will be replaced with a Guardian Chest. Interacting with the Guardian Chest claims the Treasure Guardian Rooms rewards. The rarity of the Treasure Guardian room will determine the rarity of the Guardian Chest, with rarer rewards being available in the higher rarity rooms.
You may discover a Merchant Room while exploring the dungeon, which will open up the Goblin Merchant's shop. There are only 6 Goblin Merchants in an Underspire, and they each can sell:
- 1 Keystone (Type based on the location of the Merchant's Room on the map)
- 2 Random Trinkets (each can be purchased in groups of 5)
- A free lantern per Underspire dungeon
You can also come back to visit the Goblin Merchant later in your playthrough.
There are 6 different types of trinkets available for purchase. Each Trinket can only be used once in battle before being consumed. Multiple copies of Trinkets can be stacked when purchased from Merchant Rooms or Underspire Packs in the Deep Shrine.
|Frost Trinket||Bone Trinket||Death Trinket|
|Freeze all Enemies at the start of battle.||Create 6 Doomskulls at the start of battle.||Death Mark all Enemies at the start of battle.|
|Hex Trinket||Wild Trinket||Resistance Trinket|
|Curse all Enemies at the start of battle.||Create 4, x3 Wildcards at the start of battle.||Give Spell Armor to all Allies for the battle duration.|
Note: Trinkets do not carry over from one Underspire to the next.
Underspire Battle Rewards
Win the battle of each room encounter to earn rewards. Mini-Bosses and the final Underspire Boss have special rewards.
These rewards can include the following:
Defeating a Mini-Boss or Final Boss, you can potentially be rewarded:
- Keystone (1 per Mini Boss)
- Imperial Deeds
- Epic Vault Keys
- Gem Keys
- Orbs (Lesser, Normal or Major)
- Diamonds (Final Underspire Boss)
- Dragonite (Final Underspire Boss)
And for defeating a Treasure Guardian, you can potentially be rewarded:
- Random Trinkets
- Vault Keys
- A copy of a Treasure Guardian Troop
- This is the only means to earn the Treasure Guardian Troops.